DIRECT CARD PROCESSING IN CHECKPRO & LOANPRO
CHECKPRO™ & LOANPRO™ have built-in support for debit cards, EBT cards, and credit cards. These cards may be accepted for cash advance (ATM type) transactions, as well as in payment for purchases such as wireless minutes, bus passes, etc.
Contact Ernie for more information or to get started with Credit, Debit, EBT card processing today.
DIRECT DEBIT ∙ CREDIT ∙ EBT CARDS
In order to do these transactions from within CHECKPRO or LOANPRO, you must:
- Sign up with a credit card processing company. We really don't care who you use. You are free to consider any processing company. We can put you in touch with a company that represents the majors, and they will help you make a selection based on pricing and compatibility with our solution.
- You will need to purchase a package called "Monetra" from Main Street Softworks. This package provides direct communication with the card processing company of your choice. (If you are an ASP customer, contact us directly about Monetra setup.)
- If you intend to accept debit cards and / or EBT cards, you must obtain and install Pin Pad device(s). We have tested and fully support the VeriFone PINpad 1000SE. You will need at least one per store. We support multiple per store if you would prefer. That's really more a matter of the volume of these transactions versus making your customers wait.
- Pin Pads are provided by your processing company. Serial devices such as the 1000SE must be connected to the network by another small device. We currently use the Silex Serial Server to meet that need.
- The transactions are initiated in CHECKPRO via the CA (Cash Advance) command. CHECKPRO prompts the Pin Pad as required, and gets the customer's encrypted PIN (Personal ID Number). CHECKPRO then sends the transaction and PIN to Monetra for validation and collection of funds.
- Monetra passes the request to whichever processing company you have selected, gets a response, and passes that back to CHECKPRO. If the account has funds, and the PIN code matches, then the account is debited for the amount, and the transaction is posted in CHECKPRO.
- If the processing company does not approve the transaction, CHECKPRO notifies the teller. The exact message content is determined by Monetra and the processing company, but CHECKPRO will prevent the transaction from finalizing. The reason (as provided to CHECKPRO) is displayed to the teller.
- Each night, a settlement process needs to be run to actually transfer the funds into your bank account from the various customer accounts. This process can and should be automated within Monetra. Reports are available from Monetra through a Windows client interface. CHECKPRO has various reports for the CA transaction as well. These can be used to balance the Monetra results, and the money coming into your bank account.